Saturday, October 01, 2005

Been offline because I've been a out and about the past couple days.

Firstly, on Thursday, Stef and I went to the London premiere of Thumbsucker, which had a showing at RESFEST 2005, which has brought it roadshow here [I might go and see Pierce Brosnan give a talk later in the month...]. Unfortunately, the cast were not there and there was no Q&A session, but it was great seeing the movie again after 8 months. I looked at it with fresh eyes. The performances are still sterling, the storyline is cohesive and Keanu's performance is even funnier this time around. He really gives the movie a spark. The audience loved it and so did Stef. I'm still waiting for the soundtrack to land on my doormat...

Speaking of RESFEST, there are still tickets to have a sneak speak of A Scanner Darkly available. The performance is tonite! I so wish I were in LA right now...

I also went to see Epitaph of George Dillon a play written by John Osbourne, which is in revival and has had some good notices. It has one of my favorite actors in the lead - Joe Fiennes [and he is fine...], who I've seen on stage several times now. He's playing opposite Francesca Annis, who is effectively, his sister-in-law. They share a bit of kissing time, which I found slightly bizarrre. Overall I enjoyed the play [or should I say dramedy as it was quite comical at times and is playing at the Comedy Theatre, but in my mind it couldn't make up it's mind what it was which was the only downside] it had a stellar ensemble cast.

1 Comments:

At Saturday, October 08, 2005 7:03:00 PM, Blogger thebluestbutterfly said...

Thumbsucker doesn't seem to be coming to my area...which is making me steaming mad as I was waiting for it.

I hope that it will come to DVD.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home