Thursday, December 02, 2004

Ooh!

Haven't blogged for a while...

I got into work this morning and I wondered why I couldn't log onto the computer. I thought someone had been trying to hack my password or something and when I asked my boss to sort it out, she was a bit funny with me, so I knew something was up.

Anyways, at the morning meeting she started to say the reason why I couldn't log on was she didn't want me to see 'this' and promptly handed me an email that had been sent around the world, telling everyone I'd won a free trip to Europe!!!! I started screaming, which she knew would be my initial reaction and it's her I need to thank for me ever entering the competition in the first place.

I can stay anyplace I want and the sky's the limit. I can fly first class if I want and stay at the poshest hotel. She suggested I could take the Orient Express, which would be cool. I'm elated! Hubby will be there, of course. He was pleased I won. We might go to Paris, which we haven't been too and was meant to go in July, but never got around to it [I went to Holland instead to see Saskie].

If we do go, I'd love to stay at the Plaza Athenee and dine at the restaurant used in Something Gotta Give. That's a must!

That's the second time I've won something at work. The last time was at our end of year celebration. Our area had been the number one area for a whole year and we all went out to a formal dinner/dance, where everyone gave each other a slap on the back and I won �£250 worth of holiday vouchers, which I used toward my trip to Greece for my 30th birthday.

Sometimes, I do like my job...

In other news - got a call to go sub for the Wandsworth Symphony Orchestra again at short notice. Rehersal was this evening and I enjoyed every minute of it. I will also be playing in their concert on Saturday 11th December.

AWESOME!

5 Comments:

At Thursday, December 02, 2004 3:09:00 AM, Blogger bluezzzgirl said...

How cool! Congrads!!!

 
At Thursday, December 02, 2004 9:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so cool!!! Go party in Paris, oh man that is so great, you deserve it!!!Kusje!!SasK

 
At Monday, January 10, 2005 1:34:00 AM, Blogger defiant goddess said...

Oh, that so totally rocks. Congratulations! You must work in sales...(?)

And, of course, I must ask:

What do you play?????

 
At Monday, January 10, 2005 8:58:00 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I work for a retail bank and I play piano and flute.

 
At Tuesday, January 11, 2005 5:32:00 AM, Blogger defiant goddess said...

Suh-weet!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home