Tuesday, May 25, 2004

TROY SCHMOY



Saw Troy yesterday. Well, I had to. You know how it is. Brad is like.....naked 'n' stuff. And he's a warrior and has some cool moves 'n' shit. Apart from that, the movie was shite.

Why it didn't work for me was there should have been more atmospheric music during the heavy dialogue scenes to give the film momentum. It was just a weird viewing experience in that regard. The movie is 3 hours long, you've got to give it the illusion of pace. Plus the acting between Orlando Bloom and Eric Bana was terrible. We sure could have done with that music to drown out their endless droning.

And the accents! Don't even get me started on that. Brian Cox sounded like he had just come off the set of Braveheart, his Scottish brogue was so apparent. Sean Bean as Odysseus 'frompt Ithaca, via oop North like...' [ugh!]. The only saving grace was the wonderful Peter O'Toole. His voice is so deep and rich. It sounded like it came from a deep cavern underneath the ground. It took me completely by surprise - lovely! I really need to go check out more of his films, especially since a certain young man is a huge fan of his an all...

And Julie Christie - what have you done to yourself woman! You have succumbed to the awful Hollywood trend of a face-lift gone wrong.

And what really got my goat [when music was actually played] MR HORNER was , how you totally ripped off Shostakovitch's 5th Symphony - the final moment's theme. How could you! You stole the snippet note for bloody note, rhythm for bloody rhythm and it irritated the hell out of me throughout the whole film. Did you think nobody would notice? I hope his family sues yo' ass.

Also, hubby sez you ripped off themes from Gladiator [he knows, he loves that soundtrack and plays it to death]. I'm very disappointed...

Then, people's mobile phones kept going off. I let it slide once....twice...but on the third occaision, I went mental and yelled out 'COME ON PEOPLE!!' It did't happen again after that.

Ok, here's some more Brad to help clear my palette.



After that we wandered in the foyer [Hubby always likes to pick up those free postcards that they have on display] when we heard a loud noise coming from one of the other cinema screens so we went in to investigate. It just turned out to be a trailer for some movie. I asked a girl what they were going to watch and she said Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, so I thought 'beauty' and we stayed and watched that!

Now that was a q-u-a-l-i-t-y movie. Messed with me head, especially since I was feeling tired and kept nodding off and waking up to some pretty sureal stuff. That's definately one for the DVD collection.

Aren't I fun to go to the cinema with...? Posted by Hello

6 Comments:

At Wednesday, May 26, 2004 1:28:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're not the first to say that Troy sucked. I won't waste my time.

Kat

 
At Wednesday, May 26, 2004 5:25:00 PM, Blogger Jen said...

At least I didn't see it opening night. I would have paid £6 for the priviledge. Seeing I got 2 movies in, I only paid £1.50 :D

 
At Thursday, May 27, 2004 7:25:00 PM, Blogger Gamblog UK said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Thursday, May 27, 2004 7:27:00 PM, Blogger Gamblog UK said...

Pissing about and i moved the post.

I said i was gonna watch the film but not to see Brads buns.

Now i'll not bother until someone gets a copy i can capture.

Righteo - Joe Schmoe.

 
At Thursday, May 27, 2004 8:29:00 PM, Blogger Jen said...

To me, this film is a DVD rental job.

Hubby will probably buy it for the extras, so they'd better be good...

 
At Sunday, May 30, 2004 2:33:00 PM, Blogger Gamblog UK said...

Rental on DVD?

You mean capture a borrow of it from someone who wasted their time buying it for a ching down the market right?

heheh, J

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home