Thursday, December 25, 2003

UPLIFTED WITH SONG

I went to see Steff the other day [it was her birthday]. I was walking through Oxford Circus tube when I heard a busker singing one of my favourite songs - "Under the Bridge" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

He sang so well. He had a really clear, pure voice and did the song justice. It made me want to stop and listen to the whole song, but I had to be on my way.

I gave him a few bob for his effort. I wonder if he gave guitar lessons...

UNDER THE BRIDGE - RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS

Sometimes I feel like i dont have a partner
Sometimes i feel like my only friend
Is the city I live in
The City of Angel
Lonely as i am
Together we cry
I drive all the streets
Cuz she's my companion
I walk through the hills
Cuz she knows who I am
She sees my good deeds
And she kisses the windy
I never worry
Now that is a lie
And i dont ever wanna feel
Like I did that day
Take me to the place i love
Take me all the way
I dont ever wanna feel
Like i did that day
Take me to the place i love
Take me all the way
It's hard to believe that
There's nobody out there
It's hard to believe
That I'm all alone
At least i have heard of the city
she loves me
Lonely as i am
Together we cry
And i dont ever wanna feel
Like I did that day
Take me to the place i love
Take me all the way
I dont ever wanna feel
Like i did that day
Take me to the place i love
Take me all the way

Don't waste your time
It's where i drew some blood
Don't waste your time
I could not get enough
Don't waste your time
I forgot about my love
Don't waste your time
I gave my life away

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home