Wednesday, July 23, 2003

Just Shoot Me!

Had a gawd awful day today at work. The cosmic forces were not working in my favour.

We were short of staff today so I had to serve on the counter most of the day [and I really hate that!]

And there are some really obnoxious people on the earth....

One of my pet hates is someone coming up to me whilst they're chatting away on their mobile phone. I think it's unbelievably rude. Two women did this to me today.

Now, I could've said something, but I had to bite my tongue in case I go too far and end up getting reported. So I just ignore them, carrying on with my work, until they got the message. Then, gave them a glare to let them know I was not impressed.

Then, the ATM kept playing up, retaining people's cards for no reason. Then we kept having 0.0000001 second power cuts, which restarted all the computers and messed even more with the ATM.

The security firm was a day late with people's travel money orders. The guy came in grinning from ear to ear, as if nothing was wrong with the world, while we were getting it in the ear from irate customers. Then he had the cheek to lie and say they turned up at 5.10 yesterday and we weren't there. EXCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE ME! We were still serving customer's at 5.10 yesterday and we didn't leave the office until 5.30. I could've smacked him one. Why do people like to lie? What's up with that??

I couldn't wait to get out of the place, I tell ya!

And, whilst driving like a bat out of hell to get home, some geezer has the cheek to beep me for going ahead of him at the roundabout. The last time I looked, the Highway Code says you give way to people coming from your right at the roundabout- not the other way round. I just pulled the car to a halt and just shouted "You cannot be serious, YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!!" and almost got out of the car to bop him one in the head [but, ya know, I didn't coz ya never know, he might be packin' or something...]

What ever happened to good manners. Seems to be non-existant in this day and age.

Gee - I sound old...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home