Saturday, February 01, 2003

This-or-That

1. Kleenex or tissue? Tissues [but they're always by Kleenex]
2. Soda or pop (or tonic or whatever)? Neither ~ I say 'fizzy or still' if I'm offering someone a drink. We also call 'em by there proper names "Pepsi, Coke, Sprite, Fanta" etc etc...
3. A sandwich on a long roll: sub or hero (or hoagie or grinder, etc)? Never heard of the last 2 but sandwich or sub here.
4. Glasses or spectacles? Glasses [or cinemaglasses for me, coz that's the only time I wear 'em LOL]
5. TV or television (or boob-tube, or telly, for our friends across the pond)? I dunno about 'boob-tube' mate, but telly or TV will do me.
6. Movie or film? Movie or flick.
7. Sofa or couch? Sofa
8. Stove or range? Cooker in England. My parents say stove coz that's what West Indians call it.
9. Remote control or clicker? Just 'Remote' ~ too lazy to say the whole thing.
10. Supermarket or grocery store? Same as the soda answer, we call 'em by their proper names "Sainsbury's, Tesco, Safeway, Asda" etc etc...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home