Wednesday, January 29, 2003

Just seen Wynton Marsalis in concert tonite. He's a fantastic musician and resplendent in both classical music and jazz.

He's the new artistic director of the Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra who are over here playing at the Barbican Centre this week.



The concert was wonderful! AWESOME!! The theme of the night was afro-latin jazz and they had guest soloists and 2 fabulous dancers. I was swaying, toe tapping and at when they did an encore, I was dancing in the aisle with another extrovert...LOL

I so wanna develop my jazz improvisational skills. When I was at music college, I used to attend a jazz class, but I just wasn't any good at it [I'm a classically trained pianist and flautist], but having now seen the amazing skills of this ensemble, I am going to make a serious attempt and get swinging on the piano.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home